Ideal for: Advanced Open Water Divers+
Palau is located west of the Philippines and north of Papua and is part of the Micronesia. More than 350 islands make up this small island nation with the majority of the diving concentrated around the picturesque Rock Islands. There is a huge variety of marine life in the warm tropical waters off Palau with great chances of diving with Black Tip Reef, White Tip Reef and Grey Reef Sharks as well as more than 1,300 species of fish over 700 coral species. Palau is also famous for its diversity of dive sites with opportunities for divers to dive WWII wrecks, great cavern diving, current swept walls and lagoons.
The remoteness of many of the great dive sites in Palau make a liveaboard a fantastic option for those wanting to get the most out of the diving with more dives then resort based operators and usually less crowded dive sites.
- Ideal for: Singles and Couples
- Experience Level: Advanced
- Big Stuff:****
- Reef Life:****
- Budget: £££££
- Blue Corner is a must for experienced divers as the currents sweeping past the steep drop off bring with it prolific marine life including Reef Sharks, Turtles and more to a backdrop of some of the best coral life in Palau. Rated as one of the best dive sites in the world.
- Diving the wrecks of WWII Japanese warships is the reason many divers visit Palau and with over 60 wrecks including many war ships, supply ships and even the odd airplane to explore with great visibility.
- German Channel is a man-made shallow channel which once used to ship goods out of Palau now is home to a number of Manta Ray cleaning stations and when the currents are flowing they bring plankton and with it feeding Mantas.
- Ngemelis Wall one of Palau’s best dive sites with a sheer wall dropping out of site with an abundance of marine life and a great place to see stunning Black Coral bushes.
- Time: GMT +9 hrs
Flying Time from UK: 16-20 hours.
- Language: English and Palauan spoken
- Climate: Palau has a tropical climate with year round sunshine, wet season is July to October
- Currency: US Dollar £1 = US$1.5
- Visa Requirements: A holiday visa is granted on entry to most EU passport holders